Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting a 300 on a 68 Torino. Will it be able to pull the car which is heavy? What mods are required aside from the mounts? Has anyone done this, and what driveshaft did you use? I will use an A/T. Thanks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
The question is why? A Torino deserves a V8.
You'll need to find a 66-69 Falcon for the 6 cyl. stuff. A C4 will work, but Im not sure about the motor mounts.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Stanley, take a look where he's from. They probably are limited to engines unlike you are, being in the US.

It is possible I guess, but like Stan says, find a V8 if possible. They are heavy cars, and a 300 cant even get out of it's own way, let alone a 3600 pound car, but anything's possible.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have put a lot of thought into this lately. I agree with you Stanley, the Torino deserves a V8. I think mine rightfully deserves a 390 w/ a Toploader being an S-Code car. No problem with small block V8s here. I have a couple of them. The problem is with the FEs! I have tried in vain to search for them here.

Don't worry the I6 300 can take care of the car's weight. The I6 guys guaranteed me that. Have you heard of Frenchtown Flyer? He put an I6 300 on a pick-up into the 9s!

Another reason I want to use the I6 300 is to save the V8s for my future projects. I'm planning to use the engines on smaller and lighter cars. Then, I'll smoke those Hondas w/ are currently ruling the streets here. It's has been somewhat of an obsession to blow their doors off. FORDS rule!!!

Thank you for concern and input. Regards.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, there is. A friend has an I6 300 in a 68 Mustang. The Torino has a larger engine bay than the 68 Stang. Thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
the ford 300 6 is a torque monster and will move your torino just fine and if you look you will find a ton of hotrod parts for them intakes cams ignitions all fairly common. these motors will compete with small V8s with no problem. we had a guy who ran circle track modified with one and ran up front against the chevy 355s and 368s and ford 358s and 362s it was an impressive site. the mounts will probably hav to be modified from truck mounts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts