Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
You have a possibility of having a 1967 428! on the left, You must check the bore immediately :)

The one on the right is a 1961 352, you likely have a bore of 4.0" on the block on the right and a 4.13 bore on the left.

The Block on the left might also be a 390, if you're bore is 4.05 then that's what you got :) I think you got a 428 though:) I'm hopin for ya :)

If there are ANY parts with the blocks like distributors or carbs, the numbers off them will help.

FE

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a 428, but I don't get to keep it. A friend was trying to buy a 67 Gal body complete, rest of the car was in parts, and he didn't have enough money to buy the project. I gave him the rest of the money needed to purchase the car, the owner told us that he had two eingines for it and that we could take both of them. The heads were off both of them and laying insided the car, and he had placed both short blocks in the trunk. Well I looked at them, and took pictures with my cell phone, but never got around to posting them to find out any information on them. That was three months ago, since then he dropped one of the engines off to the machine shop, and the other he dropped at to me. After FE said that its possibly a 428, I called him and asked, and he said the machine shop told him that it was indeed a 428 (two months ago). I asked him when was he going to tell me about it, he said after I had installed his wiring harness..LOL Oh well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts