Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
D3VE ATA (I think it has canted valves, not sure)

D2TE AA

C4AE 6090G, THese have NO smog hump and are FE heads but I don't know how desireable they are... I can sell any 6090R heads all day but am unsure about these...

Finally , a nice pair of Mercury Script FE Valve covers...

There is a sale this weekend and I can get the heads for about $35 a pair and the V/C's for $6 bucks!

What say's the populace.... I got to get them tomorrow....

FE

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
D3ve are garden variety smog-era 460 heads. I have set in my garage if you want them. They are readily available and usually draw no bids on Ebay.

I think you could make some money on the VC's, but I take no responsibility if you can't.

I am ignorant about the other items.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no way.... I could have sworn that there were no 460 engines I looked at... does is surely seem to be a 460 casting?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The way Ford part numbers work, it is possible to have the same prefix (D3VE, in this case) on more than one part, so maybe there is another D3VE I don't know about, but it is hard to figure. D3 means 1973, the year they were first used (they continued in use thorugh 1978 ). V means they were designed for use on the Lincoln line (they could be and were used elsewhere). E means they are an enigineering design, not prototype or service part. There are, for example, small block and big block E7TE heads, but I am not aware of this happening with D3VE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tim1859 on 5/21/06 1:49am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tim1859 on 5/21/06 1:50am ]</font>

·
Registered
513 Posts
The D2TE are FE heads. Most likely off of a 360 or 390.

The D3VE are 385 series heads. Like Tim said, they are the common 460 heads from the early 70s through I think 78 or 79. Basically the same ports as the D0VE 460 heads, just bigger combustion chamber and I believe they were positive stop rockers with the small rocker studs. I could be wrong on the info, but the numbers should be correct.

The C4AE 6090G are also a FE head. I got this info about them off of clubcobra.com "These heads are the best bang for the buck in FE heads." "C4AE 6090 G It would appear that these heads are from a 390 with the early "high port" configuration. Some say these are pretty good heads and respond well to a little porting work. For the money, there hard to beat."

Hope this info helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts