Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a short block and cannot ID the Block. There are no "Ford" markings. The front top by the timing chain cover shows "WP" and "P"
The front of the block on the right side below the head shows "1D". On the driver side rear I see "FISE BB". Can anyone help me ID this block?
Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
136 Posts
I purchased a short block and cannot ID the Block. There are no "Ford" markings. The front top by the timing chain cover shows "WP" and "P"
The front of the block on the right side below the head shows "1D". On the driver side rear I see "FISE BB". Can anyone help me ID this block?
Thanks, Jeff

I've got one here prepped for a stroker motor just like it and all the grinding and block prep work is complete except for the hard blok and machine work.
The only difference I could see between it and a E7TE (also on an engine stand here) was two bosses tapped and pipe plugged in the side of the block that go into the water jacket. I found no other difference other than those. It's a 91 roller block. Seems like the se had something to do with a thunder bird. The water mod was all I could find different between it and a E7TE. I've had others say it had thicker cylinder walls but I don't see it at all on mine and it's still standard bore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts