Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I have been working on getting my '63 Falcon Ranchero ready to be painted. The problem is that I can't decide how it should be painted. What color (or colors) do you think would look good on a '63 Ranchero? Or what paint scheme do you suggest?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SlowFord on 4/4/02 8:18am ]</font>

·
Registered
196 Posts
Post a picture of it. That might help. I say flames but I think everything should have flames.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the latest picture I have of the Ranchero.

Greg, I actually am planning on doing the interior gray (already have gray seats in it). I figured grey inside will allow the outside to be painted just about any color.

63fstbk, I was considering flames, but what color for the flames? What color for the rest of the vechicle?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well, black interior is usually a neutral color, I mean, you could paint the outside of it pink if you wanted to, and the black interior would match it!

But if you're going to go with grey interior, then I'll cast my vote for a dark or medium metalic blue with silver metalic flames!

Get all the chrome moldings repolished and the bumpers rechromed, and you'll be sittin pretty in that "not to common" Ranchero of your's.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I say black. If you want flames, get some ghost flames, or the classic white/yellow/orange with blue tips. That would look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Man, those panels are just asking for Seaweed styled flames... Make them dark blue with light blue interior or orange with a black outline on a white body. Or go for a subtle scallop job following the lines of the body with a few well placed flames for effect. Sometimes less is more.

I saw a 63 2 door Falcon that had a silver paint job with purple seaweeds that really looked boss.

Or be a bit conservative and paint the top part of the car... where the top body line starts to go into the panel... paint that a pearlescent white and a nice indigo blue from the panel down. Very classy and practical in the summer.

If it were my car I would go with a green body and with black thin scallops on the bodylines with purple seaweeds on the panels and inside the scallops.

Sorry, I just got a compressor and I am practicing some painting... I cannot figure out how I am going to do my Galaxie..

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I've seen black with grey and it looks great.

My own preference with gray is Dark Toreador red 1999 F-250 color. Very fine metallic and almost looks pearl. Looks great on the roundbodies. Silver ghost flames or a lighter shade of Toreador red would look really tough coming off that front end.

You could always scallop the inserts like the '60's too.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
By the way, what kind of rear are you running? Front could stand to lose a coil or two as well. Those stock springs were designed to hold up 460's!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts