Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used instrument cluster off e-bay for my `70 Torino GT. It has a switch located to the left of where the clock or tach would be. It looks like the fan blower switch, but you have to hold it in either up or down position. Otherwise it goes back to center. My guess is that the instrument cluster came out of a convertible and this switch lowers/raises the top. Can any of you help solve this mystery?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I read it wrong, story of my life lately. It does seem like a top switch, or a momentary switch of some kind.

Rick

·
Registered
242 Posts
The switch your talking about is for a convertible top, a friend of mine has a couple of convertibles, they look alot like the blower motor switch. Your old cluster or any hardtop car should have a little block off plate that goes in place of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MGT351 on 2/2/02 11:29am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Kinda figured that's what it might be. I'm going to swap my original heater/AC controls into the new dash cluster as the new one doesn't have AC, so I'll probably see if I can swap the switch for my blockoff plate as well. If your friend needs the switch, let me know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts