Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted the case in question was a Camaro at a Chevy dealership(he suspected more than one dealership actually) but I would not expect any different behaviour at some Ford dealerships either. If you have a rather healthy running car and need to have a dealership look at it then you need to watch this video. You also need to do something to try and prevent this from happening to your car. I thought of mentioning to the service department and/or showing them you are logging the mileage on the car. If you watch this whole vid you will hear toward the end that there begins a discussion regarding the smell of a burnt clutch. Neither the dealer or Chevrolet customer service has done anything about this.

Here it is;
Video: Camaro Owner Busts Mechanics Beating On His Car - LSXTV

I think this same concern might go for any place you have to leave your car to have something done to it. Long ago I quit leaving my car anywhere without me in it and quit having any other people try and work on it but you don't exactly have that option if it is a warranty situation on a newer car.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Wow... I realize the dealer principal isnt to blame here, but GM needs to really make a example out of these techs. I think smartest thing for every DEALER would be require a tracker on all testrides to record what goes on...
Imagine odometer in/out and OBDII recorder that has to match mileage (so it cant be unplugged) would be a good idea.

Ive never had a lot of luck with dealers anyway, but still- this makes me feel sorry for them...clowns like this cost businesses everything sometimes. of course, feel more sorry for the camaro owner- think the dealer should simply offer to replace the car to quiet this up, and pursue some kind of action against the employees... noone would want these guys touching their car.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
At least Ford offers the programmable keys which limit top speed, etc. That can at least be handed over when you drop the car off. As for me, I have always had to worst luck when I let someone else do something for me. That's why unless I do not have the means to do something, I will always do my own work. It also helps to have a mechanic friend and knowledge of the law when it comes to warranties.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
My next door neighbors, both husband and wife, are service writers. One working at Honda and the other at a Cadi dealer at this time. It's not uncommon at all for them to bring customers cars home from work. They're "test driving it" for the lucky customer. They're not the type to go out and thrash them but to me it's the principle of it. If it's good enough for them to drive it home why wasn't the customer called to pick it up?

Another thing is that a lot of new car dealers don't have "loaner" cars these days so in some cases the lucky owner is paying for a rental for that day, and if not, probably had to find a friend or whatever to taxi them around while their car is "in the shop"! It's just wrong.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts