Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to remove the ignition switch out of my 65, but i dont have the key for it how can i remove the bezel.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
This was mentioned once before here about two weeks ago. Do you know if the key for the ignition switch matched the trunk, glove box or other? Those places are somtimes easier to access. Then on side to those barrels is the key code printed. Then take that key code number to local shop and obtain a duplicate. Then you can remove the Ing. switch cylinder and bezel.

Wm.

·
Registered
65 Posts
if your wanting to take the whole switch out, you dont have to have a key, the bezel just screws on the switch. there should be 3 notches in the bezel, take a screwdriver and hammer and tap it loose and you should be able to unscrew it. once you get it out push the ignition switch back and take the nut off the stud in the back of the switch to remove the wires. i suggest to go to your local autoparts store and get a new switch. its cheaper to do that than have a locksmith come and do it for you. for about 15 buck or less you get a new switch that comes with 2 keys. its worth it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts