Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an e-mail from Ed Curtis today. My heads will be shipped monday. Wooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
WOOHOO! Thank GOD, AMEN! Glad to hear it. I know what intense anticipation feels like and to have it dragged on for soo long really can give you ulsers(good ulsers though). Hope you told ED to ship 2 day Priority otherwise you'll be waiting longer

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I thought my deal was set in stone..............oh well, guess I gotta ante up and just get the 225's instead.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THEY'RE HERE........THEY'RE HERE.............LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!

(I'm so damm excited!!!!!!!)

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I guess somebody's going to have wet dreams tonight

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also heard from my machinist that the short block looked absolutely pristine inside. Hone job, new bearings/rings, and back together it goes. Gonna slap a new oil pump in it, new timing chain/gears, but other than that, good to go.
Monday nite is the put together for the short block. Wooohooo. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I can't wait to finish this engine! A friend of mine has offered to sell me this little 88 coupe for $600. Its clean, and he has an 8.8 rearend that he will let go with the deal!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chillster. Didn't I send you a partial pic of my 'mess'?
If ya'all want, I'll send some pictures of the MONGO headers to Dark7068, and maybe he'll be a bud and put 'em up.
(I didn't want to be a dork and put every picture of every toy/part I get for the car on the web)........(although my ego wants me to.)

Hopefully, the engine will be together within a couple of weeks. I'm trying to scrape together some more fun money for a dyno session, and also scheduling a 'dyno' session.
Spring is right around the corner!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fine.............Tonite (being as I have absolutely no life), I will take pics of the headers, (and other assorted junk laying around my bedroom), and send them to Dark7068.

(now I got something to do tonite)..

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hey Chilly..Here's my combo.
69 351 block, .020 over for 375 cubes
3.7 stroke stock crank
6.200 length eagle rods
Srp flat top pistons..cr. will be 12.2
solid roller...620/.638 lift duration at .050 is 254/262
AFR 205's that are milled down to 58cc's
Pro Mustang Performance 7 qt. pan.
I still have to order the intake and carb.
No car yet, but this little 88 coupe could be in the driveway this weekend.
If this thing doesn't go deep into the 10's I'll give up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 85Mike on 2/9/02 11:12am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Chilly..this engine is almost a clone of one I built 2 years ago for a friend. Only change is the heads are TFS Street Heats. On Hoosier Quick Time Pro's it runs 10.60's in a 2900lb. 90 coupe.
I will probably buy the Super Victor and a 950 hp Holley. The 6700 shift rpm sounds about right.
Quick and stealthy is the name of the game!
I have an Svo non siamesed block I been saving for a special engine. Hmmm maybe a 4 inch stroke with the Afr 225's!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Yea, I'm gonna order the Super Victor. I'm still up in the air about the rocker arms. I have the Omega shaft rockers on the Street Heats. Not one problem since 1993. Jesel has just come out with a lower cost shaft setup also. Any thoughts?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts