Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys long storey short ,,gave my 65 galaxy an engine face lift 390 replaced my old beat up oil pan ,with a knew one chrome pretty and not deep enough my old one measured 8 inches deep ,,new one 5 '' deep ..just about burned my pour car up HELP!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have ordered 2 oil pans ,,both with the promise ,they are as original 5inches deep ,,this is not true,,My oil pan was 8 inches plus

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need intake on this ,,my poor galaxy has been by my side ,at the age of 15 she is sick,, **** give me your input

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
Maybe paint the original one and use that?
Also, when you went from the deep pan to the shallow one, what did you do for the oil pick-up?

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
8" does sound deep. Bet it wasn't original to the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So on the oil pan problem,, Does anybody ,maybe If I twist the Oil Pump screen pointing up instead of down,,would this create a Problem???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THERES only one small problem with fixing this pan I threw it away 2 months ago iI wish I had it back ,,so I could beat myself to death for throwing it out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys I'll try to send pics of my car on here Its a looker ..owned it since I was 15 years old..it was born the same year as me 46 goin on 47 years ...1965 galaxy 500 convertable

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GoingBroke thanx for your input love the name,,,,,,,,, we are all Broke...talked to a machine shop ford guy ,told me to bend the tube upward and I would be okay he said also 3/8 ....1/2 also

1 - 14 of 14 Posts