Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Car Craft it shows how to beef up your T-5 by ditching the synchronize, is this a pain?

ok, in the April 2002 Car Craft, it tells of a place that will "Pro-Shift" your T-5's 3rd 4th and 5th gears for $264. Does anyone know how much it would cost to have all 5 gears Pro-Shifted? How much hp/torque could it handle then? And my Ride is mostly a street driven, 3-4 days a week driver. I am young and dont mind my loud exhaust, my lousy gas milage, my bad suspension (with my traction bars and 5 leaf springs) or anything else like that, so i dont think i would mind a hard shifting tranny. Is that what Pro-Shifting does? JUst make it a hard hitting/shifting (neck breaking) tranny? How hard of hitting is it? Thanks, and i belive the place that does the work is called "Liberty's High Performance Products", do they acutally install the stuff or just give you a kit? Anyone know where they are located? If far away, anyone know of a place that is close to So. Cali that does it?
THANKS

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Car Craft it shows how to beef up your T-5 by ditching the synchronize, is this a pain?

Help me out guys, i dont know if that reply was right though. I dont know about you not useing a clutch, that might be true. But in the article it says "Pro-Shifting can turn a weak-kneed factory trans into a full-throttle, slick-shifting machine that's more than capable of dragstrip abuse."
So i was under the imperision that it would help out quite a bit. Here is some more from the article:
"Pro-shifted T-5's, for example have 10gear engagement teeth (30 stock)and toploaders have 12(36stock). ...So, if you want your GM or Ford T5's scatter-prone Third gear, forth gear must also be Pro-shifted because they share a common slider"
So, whats up guys???? anyone else read the article??? Its on page 74.

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

no one else has heard of this article?

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

ok, i just found out where they are located. "Liberty's High Performance Products"
6390 Pelham Rd.
Taylor, MI 48180
(313) 278-4040
im going to give them a call and see whats up, ill you guys posted. I live in cali though, if anyone closer wants to call and ask a few questions, then post them also, that would be great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.