Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss recently bought a real nice 64 Fairlane but it came with manual steering & he'd like to have power steering (in his 60's),,, so we're wondering if anyone out there has a decent setup,, or at least something nice enough for me to rebuild for him.

We also wouldn't mind having a couple of nice Clear pics of how it's suppose to look/be installed (pump style, line routing,,etc) since it seems to be super hard finding any info for this car.

Thanks,
Doug

(319)389-8507 (10am-10pm) central time (Iowa)
[email protected]

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a used '64 PS setup out of my Fairlane of unknown condition (yanked by PO) I could sell you, but if you don't have a column shift (3-on-the-tree), what about going with a more modern 16:1 Borgeson setup (vs 20:1 factory)? I haven't called to confirm availability, but they do list it for the '64's and it is supposedly a direct bolt in. Total cost with pump and steering shaft should be around $1K, <$600 w/o pump & shaft. This is what I plan on installing.

Borgeson Universal Company :: Ford Cars 1952-77 :: 1957-1970 Ford Fairlane :: 1965-1970 Ford Fairlane

1 - 2 of 2 Posts