Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I am just about to start my 67 mustang project car. I am going full resto mod. its just a c code and the previous owner already butchered the car and tossed out the 289. Im fighting with the usual problems on a build. The struggle to make a car unique and interesting. A never large enough budget. And the task of finding loop holes in local road regulations.

The car has mid 80s 302 that I'm about to scrap and I'm pondering options. I found a 73 351 cobra jet, not seized, and pretty much factory with exception of a replaced carb. It should still have the 4v open chamber heads. Not ideal but they will do. I'm already planning on replacing the front shock towers, so clearance is not an issue.

So the question.
Could a 351 w late production efi work on the Cleveland?
Trick flow sells a mpfi intake for the Cleveland.
It's just the distributer sensor and crank sensor I need to figure out??
Any ideas? Suggestions?

Why Efi? Why not. I haven't heard of many.

·
Registered
830 Posts
the cleveland would be the way to go (but that's just me...) get the compression up there, port the exhausts, a healthy cam with a CJ converter ( or a 2500 stall or so), and a set of 3.50:1 gears...

as for EFI, you could make it work, but with all of the aftermarket options out there, (FAST, Holley, etc) it would be way easier to use one of those. they all but tune themselves...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts