Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys this is Ranchero Rider aka Chamblizi of youtube.com here to ask you a question.. I have a 1975 Ford Ranchero 6.6L what color is the ignition wire, Accessory wire and the battery wire in the bundle of wires found in my ranchero column i am pulling them cause the steering wheel column wiring is F*cked over.

any ideas?

i know that the main wires is usually red for battery wire yellow for accessory(based on stereo standards). and black for ground wire i have a 3 post system universal.

·
Registered
241 Posts
What's up guys this is Ranchero Rider aka Chamblizi of youtube.com here to ask you a question.. I have a 1975 Ford Ranchero 6.6L what color is the ignition wire, Accessory wire and the battery wire in the bundle of wires found in my ranchero column i am pulling them cause the steering wheel column wiring is F*cked over.

any ideas?

i know that the main wires is usually red for battery wire yellow for accessory(based on stereo standards). and black for ground wire i have a 3 post system universal.
I have a harness laying here from my 75. Its in pretty good shape except for the fuse block. I dont know if ill be able to identify which wires are which for your switch, but, ill look. If you want, id give you the harness, might be in better shape than yours... Lemme know. FYI-factory colors in a harness arent usually red,black, yellow...they use all kinds of scheeet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a harness laying here from my 75. Its in pretty good shape except for the fuse block. I dont know if ill be able to identify which wires are which for your switch, but, ill look. If you want, id give you the harness, might be in better shape than yours... Lemme know. FYI-factory colors in a harness arent usually red,black, yellow...they use all kinds of scheeet.
my ignition wire is yellow

thats a fact... and my starter wire is red and white

from that all i have to do is run stuff from soliniod but it is still nice to be sure of the ignition wire and the starter wire.

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Uh, Ford is pretty consistent with it's wiring colors for certain functions. The starter wire (to the solenoid) is usually Red/Light Blue. The ignition wire (to the coil) is usually Pink under the dash, going to Red/Light Green at or before the firewall. Yellow is usually a direct battery power source. Red/White is usually the temp sender (power from the switch), but White/Red is the oil pressure. I would strongly suggest you get a good wiring diagram for your 'chero before doing wiring chores.

David

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uh, Ford is pretty consistent with it's wiring colors for certain functions. The starter wire (to the solenoid) is usually Red/Light Blue. The ignition wire (to the coil) is usually Pink under the dash, going to Red/Light Green at or before the firewall. Yellow is usually a direct battery power source. Red/White is usually the temp sender (power from the switch), but White/Red is the oil pressure. I would strongly suggest you get a good wiring diagram for your 'chero before doing wiring chores.

David
I cannot read diagrams never could doubt i ever will be able to.... i have a book and thats why i am asking I cannot understand all the lines and lack of pictures i need visual....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Decided just to do this another way (NO HOLES in my dashboard) Swap the column comes with key and all problem solved....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts