Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to go with a 255-70-15 tire on the rear of my 63 1/2 and I see where they are a lot of trouble to get on a 64 from a post by gearheads78. I am wanting to drive this when I get done on a trip across the states and I want it to look good with some meat on the rear, but I also do not want to have 2 or three jacks involved on side of road to change a flat.
What is the widest tire you have installed on your 63 Gal that has been easy to get on without undoing shocks and using bottle jacks on rear suspension. I also am wanting to go with a 28" or taller to help with my low gear on the highway.
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
114 Posts
275 60 15 on mine. Biggest I could get in without issues. Rubs a bit on occasion when loaded down on long trips with kids in the back. Its tight all the way around but centered in the well on a 7" wide Weld. Backspacing unknown.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
F Johnson, you got the 275 on your 63 without letting air out and just jacking the body so the rear axle is hanging? That sounds like what I am after, must be more room on 63 than 64 I guess

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its tight, but it works. 255 70 is gonna be in inch taller and a half inch more narrow than what ive got but should fit in there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You say it is tight but works, but do you have to use the bottle jack or let air out or anything, i am just trying to imagine myself out in the middle of nowhere changing a tire because i am going to have my spare the same size

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
15 x 7 wheels with 4" back space and 255-70-15 tires on a 63 Country Sedan with no rubbing. Going to put them on my 63 tudor post sedan as I put Torque Thrusts on the wagon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts