Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 460 crate motor to install into my 72 mustang. I now have a 351 with a C-4 and I am looking for some information on what parts will work in this installation. This is car just used for drags. I have a 825 Demon carb and supercomp Hooker Headers PN # 6115. I am looking for everything else to install this motor, so if you have any info on which parts fit like oil pans etc. please pass on I am trying to make this transition as painless as possible. Here are some of the parts I still don't have motor mounts, pullies, alternator bracket, flexplate, oil pan deep, dip stick, ultra bell kit, powerglide,2 speed shifter, converter, there is probably more but this is a start.
thanks

·
Banned
2,833 Posts
All the same stuff as the 71 Stang with the 429 in them. Motor mounts, headers, radiator, shifter, etc.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
If you are able to "Fabricate" ... Some aspects such as Motor mounts can happen quick and easy and cheaply ... If not, buy a kit, but then you lose some control regarding engine positioin in the bay.

Also be prepared to think of Hood Clearance" issues, depending on your air cleaner selection and what hood you have ... it may or may not be a problem.

We have done two of these swaps here in my garage in the past two years ... but with TopLoaders not Automatics ...

Good Luck ... I'll answer any Questions I can to help you if possible

It's my impression that automatics are a much easier swap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts