Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 71 Montego MX that was given to me for pulling out the 351 C for a friend. He wanted the motor and trans for a 39 Ford Coupe project.

I have a 68 390 with a c6 I want to install. I have a set of 66 Fairlane engine mounts . Will these work in this Montego and will it bolt up to stock MX trans crossmember and driveshaft. It's a column shift MX . Will everything hook up to my C6.

Any info would be of help, im not sure what's interchangeable or needed to do this swap.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
You are going to have to modify the frame brackets for the FE insulators as the 70 TORINO did not come with an FE (only 70 MUST - maybe frame mounts?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I guess I need put the plates I have from a 66 Fairlane and bolt them to my stock FE mounts on my motor and lower it down an see what I have at that point to see what I need to do?

Drop it in and see what I got to work with.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Yes, or possibly (more likely impossible) find a 70 MUST 390/428 for possible frame mounts.

Please record and photo the changeover and post it here for others... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will photograph and document the swap and post the info on here. I'm going to pull the 351 out next weekend and sandblast the engine bay and paint it up nice first.
The car I have is now burgundy with a vinyl roof. The original color is Competition Orange so I'm going to redo the car back to it's factory color. Going to leave the vinyl roof of as it needs to be redone anyway. I have my work cut out for me but looking forward to get going on her. Thanks for the info, I will figure it out I'm sure once i get things rolling along.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts