Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,350 Posts
A first time cam installation is something that requires carefull research and study. The link below is from Crane cams, but all major cam companies have instructions on their websites. Also, there are some very good videos available that walk you thru the whole installation process. One of the monthly mags had an article about a cam swap with the engine still in the car. It was very detailed about the prep. If you think you might like to check it out, I'll try to find it. Check this link:

http://64.90.9.168/cranecams/pdf/214e.pdf

· Registered
2,350 Posts
If you do a search on this forum, you will find more than one post regarding problems with a cam installation. Some of these posts are from experienced wrench-heads who found out things don't always go as planned.

Based on the questions you have asked, I urge you to do your homework before attempting your first cam install. Although some may consider this "not tough", there are several things that must be done correctly to ensure a successful install. Otherwise you risk wiping a cam lobe in the first 60 seconds.

If you don't want to do 2 cam installs in 2 days, make sure you do it right the first time. When you have no more questions to ask, and you have memorized the answers, you are almost ready to start. Read it all again.
Twice.

Just my $.02.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.