Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a'69 with drums on the front. Can I just hunt down a salvaged 69-72 full-sized and transplant the spindles, calipers, mast. cyl, proportion valve & power brake booster (with pedal assembly)? ...assuming brake hose change also.

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. My next question would be my options for a rear anti-sway bar?

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Yes you can. A straight forward easy swap.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
The question was asked about fitting 69-72 disc brake spindles.
If it was asked about doing the Chevy swap, then I would have given my unbiased updated opinion. :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
I got the disc brake and spindle and rotor off a 69 galaxie for my 65. I allso got a new booster , disc, drum porpotion valve and a disc,drum master cly.Did not want to use old booster and cly. I did not replace my brake paddel. The brake hoses have to be changed. Brake hose unlimited on ebay have your brake hoses. $74.99

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys. Where rear anti-sway bars an option on any of the full size'ers? Or is there an aftermarket option?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I believe on the earlier Galaxies there was a rear sway bar on the wagons. Maybe it is the same with yours.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Thanks guys. Where rear anti-sway bars an option on any of the full size'ers? Or is there an aftermarket option?

Thanks,

Mark
I wonder if the police spec cars had a rear sway bar, but other wise the best place is probably the aftermarket. Addco makes a 1" rear bar, but be sure to upgrade the front if adding a rear bar. The Addco front and rear bars are also available through PST and Jeg's and Summit.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Mine didn't come with one either...just the panhard bar. If someone can locate the correct part numbers and source, I'd be interested in one for the front and rear as well.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
We put a 1 1/8" bar on the front but none on the rear, I thought I originally had found one for sale but cant find it now, will look some more.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I believe the sway bars sold by Dearborn and PST are the Addco bars. They are they type that bolt to the trailing arms and do not use end links like the type that mount to the chassis.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts