Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Forum Folks,

I am hoping a Tech or someone that has done or tried a change over of doors on a 1999 or other Model Year Ford Ranger can help me. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT Sport regular cab 4x4 with manual doors (locks and windows) and purchased a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT extended cab 4x4 parts truck with electric (electronically controlled) locks and windows. Can you tell me whether the electric doors can be adapted to my' Ford Ranger with manual doors? Are the wiring harnesses the same and I just have to find the correct wiring harness plugs to plug them in to get them to work? Or will I have to change wiring harnesses or re-wire?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If they can't be adapted fairly easy to my' Ranger, then the doors will either be sold or go to the Recycler with the truck when it is sold for scrap!

Thanks!

Frank

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Looking at the doors I took of a F-Super Duty, the wire coming out ends in a connector, with said connector having more pins than the 2 wires coming out the door. I would imagine the Ranger would be set-up the same way, in which the connector is the same but the wiring would have more wires for the additional items in the door. So to me, it would seem as though it's plug-&-play, based what I've seen on the full-size, as long as you use the wiring from the door w/ the power items.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts