Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post awhile ago about this subject, but was unable to locate it. I have a TCI Super Dampner, is it OK to hit it home with an impact wrench after tightening it as much as I can with a socket. I dont have a flywheel wrench and there would be no one to hold it for me if I did have one. Is there a torque spec? Or is it as tight as you can get it?

Also I just recieved my FMS King Cobra clutch. Does anyone have suggestions for a throw out bearing, it has to work with the early fork and the late model pressure plate?

AND I also just recieved my Canton 7QT street oil pan and oil pan stud kit, I will be using the Felpro cork gaskets with rubber end pieces, any hints or suggestions would be helpfull, tired of the damn oil leeks.

I will be installing the pan after the flywheel in removed for easy access to back bolts and visual verification that it is seated properly.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given in the past, any support or hints are always appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. tired of all the DAMN oil leeks

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I asked that question a while back. http://www.fordmuscle.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=497&forum=1 here it is.

I put it in a pot of water on the stove and got it nice and hot. Then I put lots of antiseize on it and put the bolt throught it and tightened it up with a breaker bar. Remember the locktight!

I held the piston in place with a homemade piston stop, but my heads were off. Might want to try the rope trick since your heads are on? Just take out a sparkplug on one of the cylinders. Make sure the piston is close to the bottom. Put a bunch of rope in therough the sparkplug hole. The when you tighten up the nut, the rope will hold the piston. That should work, but I have never done it that way myself.
Or you can put it in gear, but if the tranny is haveing problems (or out of the car), that might not work. Just another idea.

As for the pan gasket, I used a dab of RTV where the cork meets the rubber seal. Works so far.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me be stupid for a minute, lock tite the bolt threads? and antisieze the out side of the crank snout? Right?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Walt Thanks for the link to the old post. found what I was looking for.

Except for the why do I have a car with a question like that question, I found what I was looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts