Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was getting quoted for insurance, for the possiblity of a potential motorcycle purchase, and i was wondering if i have one speeding ticket but no points and i filled out the sheet and said i had no violations would the insurance company pick up on that? just wondering because with one infraction a 12 month quote was 784 bucks, with zero infractions it was 256 bucks

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
There is at least one guy that posts on here that works for an insurance company, I don't remember who he is, but I am sure he could give the authoritative answer.

My .02 is they seem to be able to find out pretty much everytyhing and they always do.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
When it comes to insurance and motorcycles your going to get reamed no matter who you go with. Even the companys that were cycle friendly are stopping coverage or upping rates.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Well you could say I have a little knowledge in this regard. My advise, First tell the truth, can almost guarantee you that any insurer will automatically run your Driver's Abstact. Shop around, can make a difference. Depending on how severe/how old the ticket was and whether you are bringing them your car as well may also have an impact/sway them

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Polar68 on 4/18/02 1:19am ]</font>

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
If you are a NEW customer, or go do a DIFFERENT company, they will surely check you out... But if you just stick with the current insurer, chances are they will never know about the ticket.

I've never had a clear license since my teenage years... and I'm now 34. But, I've also had the same small town insurance agent the whole time. My rates have never taken an increase because of a ticket. If they don't have a reason do dig up your dirt, they won't usually find it.

If you ARE going to be a new customer, and the points were never counted, you can fill out the paperwork saying you never had a ticket. If they find it, you can point out the fact that it was never counted against you. If they don't find it, you get the cheaper rate. What happens if they DO find it.... you pay the higher one. It's not like you get sent to jail.

I would think it's worth a try...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Since you asked for advice, here goes. Don't think I could recommend a murdercycle for a teenager in highschool. Nuf said.
I work for the claims dept at Farmers Insurance, we're the red headed stepchildren, they tell us nothing. Each insurance co. and state has varying regulations and laws. Some co's check dmv records on a regular basis, others only when you buy the first policy.
We all like to save money, but don't do it by being less than honest. I get the same discount on my insurance as you Aaron, zip. If you want better rates which go with a clean driving record, earn it. Also, they've got my house insured for about $50K more than it's value due to the zip code I'm in. Such is life.
One tip, make sure your uninsured motorist bodily injury is enough to cover you in case you need to use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts