Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know if anybody can tell me if a Edelbrock F4B intake and a Holley 650 Double Pump combination will be ok to use on a 302 mild rebuild.

I'm asking simply because I already have them as opposed to buying a new intake and carb.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
It should work ok for you but the Dp is probably going to burn more gas than you'd like...Can you list the rest of the combination?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bored .030 over with rebuild kit, comp cam .50 lift 218/224 dur, rebuilt 302 heads with roller rockers, studs, guide plates, headers.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Should work good, the F4B isn't really up to snuff with the newer intakes like the Stealth and RPM, but it's a vast improvement over the stock intake! And yeah, the 650dp won't get the best mileage, and you'll need good control of your right foot to keep out of the secondaries until you're up at least 3000rpm... otherwise it'll most likely bog if you floor it below 3000.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
600 DP would be better if you're stuck on using a DP.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Unless you have some gear and are running a stick, I would go w/ a vacuum secondary carb. I am running an 825 Mighty Demon DP with 3.73 gears and a blower with a loose converter and a pretty healthy cam so it works very well. On a mild 302, you might just be sucking more gas and have bogging problems.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Used to run the F4B and a Holley 600 vacuum secondary carb on a mildly cammed 289, c4, and 2.79 gears. Worked good for a driver.

That intake is now on my friend's early Bronco with 33" tires and a 289 with a performer cam. Works good enough for driving around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts