Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so what's the "correct" way to install an intake gasket? I've heard several ways, rtv on head, on intake, do it dry with just gasket? How do you all do it? TIA

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
it depend on the type, but for a Fel Pro PrintoSeal (the ones with the blue silicone beads).. the best way is to use a little gasket adhesive around the water ports and the EGR cross over on the head, then lay the gasket on. This will stick the gasket to the head.

Thats it, nothing on the manifold side. I use RTV on the end seals rather than the supplied cork.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I install it the same way. I also use 4 studs in the corners to locate the intake. After starting all of the other bolts, I go back and pull these out and install the regular bolts. It helps with the installation.
Very nice looking Cat by the way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 85Mike on 4/20/02 5:23pm ]</font>

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow!! Very slick Cougar. Are the parts hard to find? I know where I can pick one of those up cheap. Although it is in baaaad shape. The headlight doors are there, but linkages are broken. No dents but, lots of surface rust and everything inside must go. Basically just a body and block but I'm considering it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments. The cougar specific parts (ie the headlight system, body panels) can be tricky to find, but most other parts are completely interchangeable with mustangs. As far as the interior, there was a place around here somewhere called Stang-it Cougar and Mustang that made repo parts, but I'm not sure if they went under. Fun car to drive though, when it's running

1 - 5 of 5 Posts