Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding my 302. It has TFS Twisted wedge heads and a retrofit hydraulic Roller [email protected]/.544 lift. I am thinking of putting a performer RMP intake with a Holley 650 DP.

Should I block the water passage in the center of the intake or leave it open. I have seen this done on other motors and I have been told that it allows the intake to runner cooler.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The passage in the center of the intake is an exhaust crossover. It is designed to allow better atomization at low temperatures. You can block it off totally with sheetmetal cut to fit in the gasket. Some gaskets come with block off plates and restrictors for different applications. Depends on your intended usage of the car.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have mine blocked off. I have the choke disconnected too (never seemed to work anyway). i have to let the car warm up a little when its cold out. WHen its warm out, it will idle by itself, but i drive it easy till it warms up. i have heard some talk of the raw fuel washing the cylinder walls, and causeing premature wear. Havent seen any proof though.
Where are you from? If its a mild climate, or if you only drive in the summer, Id say do it.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I've also heard of stuffing these full of tinfoil packed really tightly to block them off.dragman64 how do you like your XE-268 camshaft?Is it the one with 224-230 dur?I'm thinking of switching to one of these and am trying to get some input from someone who is actually running one.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Felpro sells a race gasket kit that comes with the exhaust crossover block off pieces that fit right into the gasket over the crossover holes, it is the gasket set I have always used, I blocked mine off to keep the extra heat away from my intake, and dont have any runability problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts