Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANy of you guys got a good technique for figuring how much to take off the intake runners of a manifold if its leaking at the bottom of the ports? Took mine off suspecting a leak and sure enough its been sucking oil into the ports at the bottom of each port,checked the angles and its real close, too close to call , i'm thinking a feeler guage may do it, any help here appreciated,FYI its got Edelbrock heads and a Stealth intake

·
Registered
228 Posts
Call the manifold manufacturer, they have a formula for determining how much to mill to restore alignment if you know how much the heads or deck have been cut.

It's a basic trigonometry formula that I forgot about three minutes after graduating high school, right around the time the earth cooled.

Good luck

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you have a leak only on the bottom of the port, a surface on the head, block deck or intake is machined incorrect. Fit the intake on the heads w/o the gaskets and use a feeler gauge on the mating surface. The mating surfaces should line up w/o any gap. If I had a gap, my next step would be to have the intake angles checked by a machine shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts