Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a Galaxie 500 with a rebuilt 302 engine and an edelbrock 600 cfm carb. I need to find a way to hold the accelerator cable and I am needing a bracket that mounts to the intake. The accelerator cable is original and in good shape but I dont know how to hold it stationary so when you press the fuel pedal only the inner cable moves and not the whole thing. Solutions please?

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
Here's one that recently sold on eBay. There are a couple others still listed but are somewhat pricey.

Wood Circuit component Electric blue Fashion accessory Hardwood
Wood Hardwood Gas Metal Plywood

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have one I will purchase it from you... Or just if you please can tell me the proper search verbage, I cant seem to find that one...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have one I will purchase it from you... Or just if you please can tell me the proper search verbage, I cant seem to find that one...
Here's one that recently sold on eBay. There are a couple others still listed but are somewhat pricey.
Seems like the bracket would bolt to the two holes in the intake manifold? From my pic it seems like it would sit too low to properly keep the accelerator cable in line with the carb? Again, Thank you!
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive lighting

·
Registered
620 Posts
Seems like the bracket would bolt to the two holes in the intake manifold? From my pic it seems like it would sit too low to properly keep the accelerator cable in line with the carb? Again, Thank you! View attachment 170036
No, the bracket itself doesn't use those two holes. You're missing a triangular shaped plate that the bracket attaches to which has three holes. That plate bolts to those two bosses and the bracket uses one of those bolts as well as a bolt/nut combination in the third hole of the plate.

Not sure how confusing that sounds so here's a pic of mine. As I think you can see, the phillips screw and one bolt is holding the plate. The bracket is attached to the plate with one bolt into the intake manifold and the other into a through hole in the plate with a bolt and lock nut.

From the base of the bracket to the cable clamp is approximately 3 inches.

Hood Automotive design Carbon Automotive exterior Rim

·
Registered
620 Posts
Unfortunately no. When I got my new intake manifold in came with that triangular plate. I was looking at the old one and said to myself "I'm never going to use this" and tossed it. I should have known better. I tried looking for that plate online for you but no luck so far.

Here's a link to one of the brackets on eBay. Says its for a 351W but the guy also says he doesn't know what it fits. Looks exactly like what I have.

Throttle Cable Bracket

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have the Edelbrock shown below which uses that plate but I'm wondering if the stock manifold would need it as well.

Anyway, here's a picture of the one I'm using from the Edelbrock website.

By the way, what year is your Galaxie?

Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Font Musical instrument accessory

·
Administrator
21,887 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would any of these on this page work for it. One like kit has the plate and the other piece also.
Thank you for helping, I purchased one that was suggested off ebay that 289galaxie suggested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts