Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iam looking at getting an some kind of after market intake for my 64 that has a 390 in it. I would like to keep the factory valve covers on the car, the problem is that all the after market intakes i have seen dont have the spot for the oil fill tube. the only maifold i have seen that has a spor for the tube is the P.I. and the edelbrock copy of it any.

Joe

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you happen to have the Blue Thunder 428 CJ 4V HP Intake i would like to see if i can use my holley 3310-2 750 cfm carb with it.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Do you also have a 1963 engine?

I may be wrong, but one way to quickly identify an earlier manifold from later was by the oil inlet tube. The oil inlet was moved to valve cover to make way for changes in the surface area. In addition, there was some minor change to the gasket set. The parts houses used to identify this as 1959-1964 engines and 1963-1971 engines. I think if you used extra goo, the later gasket would work on the earlier engine.

Wm.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow i did not know that there were two gasket sets. my orginal valve covers are long since gone but I plan on finding a replacment set. the intake on the car has the oil fill tube on it I planed on finding a intake I can use with the oil fill tube, I want to get a little more out of the motor but keep it looing stock. my car is on a lift in my chassie class I will look for the cast date on the block

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts