Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone .I'm new to this site . Helping my old neighbor out . I am installing a 351w in this 56 ford for him it had a 6cylinder in it . What mounts can I use ? Can I use the original cross bar and buy mounts for it . Or will need to buy some type of different crossmeber or an adapter kit ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello everyone .I'm new to this site . Helping my old neighbor out . I am installing a 351w in this 56 ford for him it had a 6cylinder in it . What mounts can I use ? Can I use the original cross bar and buy mounts for it . Or will need to buy some type of different crossmeber or an adapter kit ?
You will find pictures and part numbers here. 289-302-351W Swap mounts | The H.A.M.B.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What manifolds/ headers I wonder .?
If you were using a 5.0/302 there are several headers that can be used without alterations but the 351 being wider in most cases limits you to usings manifolds to clear the steering box the best flowing manifolds that would clear were used on the early Mustang 289 Hi-Po Shelby cars Exhaust Headers - Reproduction Of The Original HiPo Headers- Natural Finish - 260 & 289 V8 When you check out this link they are offering a 15% discount off the price. Some aftermarket shorty headers will clear the passenger side but would require modifications and welding to the drivers side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much .
If you were using a 5.0/302 there are several headers that can be used without alterations but the 351 being wider in most cases limits you to usings manifolds to clear the steering box the best flowing manifolds that would clear were used on the early Mustang 289 Hi-Po Shelby cars Exhaust Headers - Reproduction Of The Original HiPo Headers- Natural Finish - 260 & 289 V8 When you check out this link they are offering a 15% discount off the price. Some aftermarket shorty headers will clear the passenger side but would require modifications and welding to the drivers side.
[/QUOTE
Thank you so much this helps alot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts