Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man my turn signal switch (c5vy-13341-b) went bad on my 66 fairlane. anyone know if any other fords had the same innards? i have a interchance book but it only lists the column and mine would be the (c6oz3514d) column shifted auto w/ power steering. it says fairlane comet and falcon interchange.

so does anyone know if they are missing other possible donors. or does anyone know if i may be able to use a stang one instead...i am not going for concourse! i just want to fix it.

i am broke and need something cheap! some stang ones usually selling for 100 or more i found for 30, and the fairlane one is 80...i was hoping to find a poorboy deal or some different replacement.

thanks alot.

p.s. i thought OZ was fairlane, but i see stang parts listing OZ, and who knows what VY is?!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Why change whe whole column? You can just replace the switch. Auto krafters should have them.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
O means Fairlane but often they interchange with Montego/Comet/Falcon. The Ford number will take precedence unless the other models use a unique part and will thus have their own coded number.
The Z following is for a "replacement" part. The original part will have a letter there that represents the system it comes from ie B for body E for electrical.
Z is the code for Mustang but only in the third digit spot hence a replacement part for a '67 Mustang will start with C7ZZ
And true often O parts are used in Mustang/Cougar
V is Lincoln and Y is the code for a replacement part for Lincoln only.

http://www.hammar.dyndns.org/~djhamma/partnumb.htm
Stu

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks capt.
tracer i want to swap in (if possible) a colapsible one for safety. but for now i need the turn signal switch, and they are like no other cars but the comet, and maybe the falcon. thanks

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Hey Truk,

Does your Fairlane have a rag joint connection from the steering box to the column? Be aware that on pre '68 cars often the steering shaft is a one piece steel rod that goes right into the steering box. It is on the Mustangs ( at least early production '67) I call it the "thoracic impaler"!
If this is the case you'll need to swap the steering box too to get the one with the rag joint connection.
I would bet a pound to a pinch of $#!% that '68/'69 intermediate/Falcon columns will swap straight in. Also check on later '67's as they started using rag joints later in the model year. Stu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts