Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed March regarding brackets and pulleys for my ford 351w i'm building up, I want to convert it to a serpentine setup. I simply asked if they made brackets to accomondate an older 1966 289 style power steering pump.. They wrote back saying they dont make any brackets or pulleys for the 351w.. Whats up with that??

Chris

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I think we can help you. I say lets all of us that own a early mustang write in and ask about serpentine for a 351 in an early stang, maybe they will open their minds. There are more than just late model mustangs and chevy`s out there. Come to think about it, I am sure all of have seen the outragous and extreme lenghts March has gone thru to make those huge ugly serpentine setup`s for small block chevy`s, and they have never heard of putting a setup on a 351 that bites.

Now Im pissed

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thats the thing. i know they have 351w serpentine belt setups. But I wanted a list of part numbers/prices. I asked if they supported the older style power steering pump, but didn't say I need that and only that...

Chris

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The guy I talked to was a know it all prick on the phone when I called too. When I tried to explain that I had a fluidfilled dampner not a "Fluidampner", he cut me off mid sentence and told me exactly what I needed. When I explained to him that if I ordered it and I got the wrong one I couldn't return it and I was just making sure, he got huffy with me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stang
It's fred, Blown54. I am working the counter here @ OTW (Off The Wall Chassis and Suspensions) and I have a master march catalogue. When you get a chance, measure the shaft diameter and the outside diameter and I will try to cross it over for you. too make it easier, is it a Saginaw box or a canister type.
I also need to know if your looking for a standard rotation / speed or a performance model.

I hope I can help you better than March (I will find the March #'s for you)
Fred

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OTW, I thank you for the offer. But I came across something I think I can use from a junk yard. They used these brackets in I think mid to late 80's lincoln's with 302 (brackets are drilled for 351's too!) It would be a standard rotation water pump too
Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts