Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what y'all think? I'm really happy with everything, the console was a challenge for me but I think it blends into the style of the car nicely. I got to drive the car yesterday for the first time since Nov, it was loading up pretty bad but it seemed to clear up once I got home, I took it to the muffler shop and had the exhaust done....some on here talked about how great the Summit race mufflers were and I must say, they sound KILLER!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
So, what y'all think? I'm really happy with everything, the console was a challenge for me, but I think it blends into the style of the car nicely.
Hey Mr. WW,
VERY professional! Looks like it was made with generous amounts of love and caring! :) I'm IMPRESSED!

Hope you are well.

JC

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I am very impressed. Looks like a high quality job! I am needing to do a console in the my hardtop...how close to Montana are you? :^)

·
Registered
231 Posts
That looks AWESOME. Very professional looking. I for one would be interested in the "how to" aspects of what you've done. Ever consider writing a tech article? Very nice!

Mike

·
Registered
180 Posts
That looks great! The architecture and style look proper for your car. How did you do the chrome trim around the wood inlay's?

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
That looks AWESOME. Very professional looking. I for one would be interested in the "how to" aspects of what you've done. Ever consider writing a tech article? Very nice!

Mike
Hey yeah, that's a great idea. Write us up a tech article. We're trying to work ya more here. :) We have door panels from old to modern but dont' believe we have one for a console like that.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey yeah, that's a great idea. Write us up a tech article. We're trying to work ya more here. :) We have door panels from old to modern but dont' believe we have one for a console like that.
Seeing that I'm a pretty simple person, what is involved in doing that? I'm glad to help.

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
Seeing that I'm a pretty simple person, what is involved in doing that? I'm glad to help.
That's what we like, simple stuff. :) Just write up how you used the cardboard to mock it up and how you used the cardboard as a template/pattern and cut it out, how you put it together, screws, nails, "L" brackets? Any sealer or just bare would and then whatever kind of cloth you used to stretch over it etc. I know nothing of doing this kind of thing so even the cloth is unknown to me.

Use the pictures you took for the steps you made like you did here basically. Just more detail I guess but doesn't have to be so indepth that we get lost in the instructions. You know how some of us are with instructions...who needs instructions? If that makes any sense. Brand of fiberglass or whatever it was you used, what you used for the cupholders etc.

Then we can get admin's attention and maybe they can get it on the site for one of the tech articles. I think it would go over great cause so many don't have a console and would like to know how it could be done, they could variate from yours to their own liking but would give them an idea of what is involved. Best of all it would show it can be done and has been done.

I'm not sure how they do the articles here but believe it is done up on like Microsoft Word and emailed to them to add to the site. I'l PM them and find out.

Deb

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's what we like, simple stuff. :) Just write up how you used the cardboard to mock it up and how you used the cardboard as a template/pattern and cut it out, how you put it together, screws, nails, "L" brackets? Any sealer or just bare would and then whatever kind of cloth you used to stretch over it etc. I know nothing of doing this kind of thing so even the cloth is unknown to me.

Use the pictures you took for the steps you made like you did here basically. Just more detail I guess but doesn't have to be so indepth that we get lost in the instructions. You know how some of us are with instructions...who needs instructions? If that makes any sense. Brand of fiberglass or whatever it was you used, what you used for the cupholders etc.

Then we can get admin's attention and maybe they can get it on the site for one of the tech articles. I think it would go over great cause so many don't have a console and would like to know how it could be done, they could variate from yours to their own liking but would give them an idea of what is involved. Best of all it would show it can be done and has been done.

I'm not sure how they do the articles here but believe it is done up on like Microsoft Word and emailed to them to add to the site. I'l PM them and find out.

Deb
Alright, let me know, I think the wife has word on her lap top...I can do this!

·
Premium Member
5,589 Posts
One awesome interior. It does not look stock at all. It looks totally custom. It looks like your personal idea of what an interior should look like and man, that is a great personal idea!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts