Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for interior paint colours. It is trim code 74. Beyond beige I can't seem to find much more.
It appears to be two separate colours the doors trim and door posts look different than the dash, but that could be just fading and paint burnt off the dash.

It's a '62 country sedan, exterior code M (Corinthian White)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
looking for interior paint colours. It is trim code 74. Beyond beige I can't seem to find much more.

It appears to be two separate colours the doors trim and door posts look different than the dash, but that could be just fading and paint burnt off the dash.

It's a '62 country sedan, exterior code M (Corinthian White)
The 60/64 MPC Final Issue shows the material(s) as-

LIGHT BEIGE VINYL and BEIGE POGO STICK PLASTIC

When going to Interior Paint Code there is nothing showing for a 62 with that INT TR CODE. Most likely, the paint color was deleted (for service from FORD) previously before the FINAL ISSUE. You would need an earlier version of the cataloging or a Paint Chip Chart/Interior Trim Sample List for that model year. Possibly, a paint jobber may have the code listed in their cataloging.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was free blank stare day at the local auto parts counter. I only tried one but I'm going to try a few more.

I did find this in my digging.

http://www.galaxie500site.com/colors/1962_wagon_colors.pdf

Looks like the paint might be sandshell beige.

and this might give the jobber some codes to work from.

1962 Color Codes - Ford Paint Cross-Reference

I'm going to to try and get a chip or sample and see how it lines up.

On closer inspection I think it's only one colour. The different colour was where the paint was faded so bad the primer was showing through.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Not sure about 62, but in 63 they used two different colors in the interior. Get a PPG or Dupont paint color chart. It would show you the colors for the interior.

·
Registered
977 Posts
our 63 Ford Galaxie 500 boxtop 4door sedan has the exterior code M (Corinthian White) .. It has red interior, the door panels are red with chrome looking film (which is coming off).the dash is faded and cracked red.The carpet is in good shape just sun bleeched (What kind of DYE do I use to restore it back to RED and where do I get it?) Sorry about hitch hiking on your tread!!! GALAXIEs for everrrrr...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts