Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm searching a good adress to find a new complete interior for my '61 Galaxie convertible. I've see in all catalogs that the new ones begin in 1962...

I need manufactured doors panels, 3/4 panels & benchs covers. For the rest, I can find what I need.

Thanks !

Dany

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I think you and I are in the same boat. I don't need any interior panels, but 62 parts are just coming into the market. 61 can't be far behind.

Check Hemmings Motor News. It has a huge number of services for restoration of all kinds of makes and models. The 61 and 62 Sunliners are next in line for getting interior and trim parts reproduced due to the high price of NOS and lack of supply. Even the 1960 Sunliner and Starliner are getting parts now. NOS trim parts for our cars are $$$$$$$ or SFR SFR SFR SFR SFR in your country

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhatFalcon on 6/24/04 8:02pm ]</font>

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've got some trim parts for a 62 convertable if you need them maybe we can work out a price. their's a hole car in the woods by my house I took the steering box off of it when mine messed up. the man that it belongs to said that I could have it but there's no papers and it,s a little messed up fron some kids being kids.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
On 2004-06-24 12:40, Ragtop64 wrote:
I've got some trim parts for a 62 convertable if you need them maybe we can work out a price. their's a hole car in the woods by my house I took the steering box off of it when mine messed up. the man that it belongs to said that I could have it but there's no papers and it,s a little messed up fron some kids being kids.
At the risk of a hijack'd post, fortunately, I'm not in need of anything trim wise. I'm refinishing a steering wheel and taking care of a few odds and ends, but otherwise the car is in great shape for a 42 year old car. It's been treated kindly.

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Just Dashes can reproduce your upholstery to factory correct...for a price. They'll need your originals for a pattern. Be forewarned: You'll pay and pay dearly. I'd estimate around $2500plus for the whole shebang. I'm trying a company out of Canada called "Auto Interior Systems" for the 'Liner. I tried Autocraft through JC Whitney and they screwed it up, making the seat bottoms to narrow. The new guys promise a faster turnaround, lower pricing and a guaranteed fit since I'm giving them the dimensions ahead of time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
although my '63 interior is still in pretty good shape I want to re-do the driver side door trim.

I need the pale blue metallic vinyl and the mylar? foil inserts. does anybody know a source?

here in Europe they're made of "unobtainium"....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I've find a good adress for the door panels : www.smsautofabrics.com. They sell a complete pre-assembled door/quarter panels for 675 USD / set in the color we want, they have the correct ones for my '61 Sunliner. Cool.

For the benches, I'm dealing with the saddler.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just got door panels for my 62 and they are beautiful!!! The company I used was SMS out of Oregon 503-263-3535 some of the nicest work I've seen. The balance of the interior is from Dearborn. It took about four months for the panels, the seats were in stock.

·
Registered
98 Posts
On 2006-01-31 14:05, Neils64Galaxie427 wrote:
I just got door panels for my 62 and they are beautiful!!! The company I used was SMS out of Oregon 503-263-3535 some of the nicest work I've seen. The balance of the interior is from Dearborn. It took about four months for the panels, the seats were in stock.

Do you mind sharing the price? I've got a 63 gal and a 65 Fairlane that need door panels. I've heard their work is top notch.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the info. That's about what I was expecting. Just Dashes quoted me about 1200. for Front and rear for my '65 Fairlane Sports Coupe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts