Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
22,096 Posts
What was the original interior color, was it red since I see door panels are red. I think red on red is way overkill on red yet most all rangoon red '64s and '63s are that way. Not sure what they were thinking when they came up with that idea!

Most of the carpet at all the usual galaxie and full size ford parts places are from ACC Auto Custom Carpets but don't think they sell directly to the consumer. So do some searching and see who has the best price. They have the low and high cost, one is just the carpet with a plastic backing the other is thickly padded in the floor areas. If you go the "mass backing" option it's pretty thick in the floor areas and you won't need any sound deadner or not much at least. It is an extra $80 for the thick padded one and make sure you have a really sharp blade as that stuff is tough to cut!

I checked Mustang Market reviews and they weren't very good so might not want to buy from there. Right now, or last I heard, it could take a while to get things. Hopefully the delays are somewhat over.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts