Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
What was the original interior color, was it red since I see door panels are red. I think red on red is way overkill on red yet most all rangoon red '64s and '63s are that way. Not sure what they were thinking when they came up with that idea!
Could it have been all the drugs they were experimenting with? 😉

Why not go with black interior in general? Black rug and vinyl seats (you already have some to "test fit"). Might look good with contrasting red trim and you have the console already. Keep dash pad red. I am not a fan of red on red, either....and don't like white interiors in cars. Gets way too dirty way too fast, imo.

But it's all a matter of taste

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't know what I'm saying, lol. There are a lot of colors there.

However, rather than try to match the reds (and I'm not a fan of red interiors at all, honestly), I would rather gradually convert things over to black. Interior paint never works as it's supposed to, or doesn't match or doesn't last long. So it may be a better long term strategy to put in black rugs, use your black seats, find black door cards and other interior pieces, use your black console....maybe leave the dash red as an accent color.

The white roof is an issue, but there's no way I would consider using any white interior pieces on any of my cars, especially a classic. One episode of going under that car to fix something, getting some dirt on your clothes, then sitting in the car again will cure that notion really quick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts