Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Scott Dean and I just recently decided to get back into cars for a hobby. I wanted something that was fun to drive and yet I still needed to be able to haul a table or bag of fertilizer. The obvious answer was an El Camino or Ranchero and having been a non-conformist when it comes to cars since I was in high school that left only the Ranchero.

Well tonight a 1965 Ranchero with a 289, four speed, 3:21 posi 9 inch rear end followed me home and I decided to keep it. The first thing I noticed driving it home is that the factory shifter has got to go. It's real sloppy and the shift lever is to short and doesn't come back far enough. My question is, for those of you with four speeds in your Ranchero, which Hurst shifter and with what shift lever/handle do you recommended.

Thanks
Scott "Hawghead" Dean

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Scott, Welcome back to cars and Rancheros. There are a few of us around here. The board is just not real active at the moment. But several knowledgable guys look in regularly and help out those in need. I am just an old retired fart and don't know much. Been doing Fords all my life but currently have my first Ranchero. It is a 77 with 400 and C6. Wish I could be lucky to find one like yours. I don't know which Hurst unit would work for you, but will check something. I may PM you some info. Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts