Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Winter driving in Alaska demands a dependable rig. I have no real loyalty to any single manufacturer, some I like, some I don't. I don't like Subaru or any EV, either. Earlier this year I picked up a smashed up old 1981 F250 4x4 with the 351M and manual 4-speed. The kid I bought it from had it tuned and straight piped. LOTSA FUN for about a week, scaring the stuffins' out of Subaru hotrods and the like at the intersections. But I have a good friend who is an exhaust expert/artist and I paid for a nice, mellow exhaust through a resonator and Flowmaster. Now I am adding HEI ignition and later an Edelbrock Performer intake manifold with a matching 4-barrell carburetor. Decided after 8-months of driving, the old boy likes normal clutch releases and not taking off too fast. Looks don't matter but I really like having an electric lift gate!
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
314 Posts
Welcome. Those 4-speeds are made to shift clean and slow and solid pulling a load up a hill. They are great when used as designed but they aren't speed shifters. I learned the same as you. Had a 73 F350 2wd with the 360 and 4 speed and it was all business. Enjoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts