Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding a 302 mexican block. It is already 30 over and the shop said it would probably clean up at 40 over. and the crank it 10/10 already, so it would have to go to 20/20. Are these ok for a 350hp engine? Im going with stock rods(arp rod bolts) and JE pistons. Would 20/20crank and .040 bores ok for a 350hp, 6000RPM engine? it is a daily driver too. I have got to know by Mon.
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
The crank being .020/.020 is totally fine even for high HP race use and .040" on the bores should be totally fine for what you want to do. I wouldn't worry but if you are concerned with the block, have it sonic checked for $50 and then you know for sure and for piece of mind.

·
Registered
91 Posts
How come your using awesome pistons...on a small build up. you could probably save some money by going with a cheaper pistons that can handle the power and whatever you do with it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
How come your using awesome pistons...on a small build up. you could probably save some money by going with a cheaper pistons that can handle the power and whatever you do with it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know a guy that knows a worker for them, gets them dirt cheap. The crank is 20/20 and pistons 40 over if that maters

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've got to agree with monster mach and 89 coupe build the engine should be just fine .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts