Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I am wanting to put in a new cam,and the one that comp suggest is going to give me just a little over .060 P/V clearance is this enough? The motor will twist 6,000 a gear and should go through the eyes at 6,100. This was checked at TDC and as the valves overlap.

Thanks,Cy

·
Registered
991 Posts
No its not enough for me, .080 on the intake .120 on the exhaust

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Got away with .050 I and .060 E for about 3 years with a 408. Really depends on RPM, type of rods used, weight of pistons, etc. With LIGHT pistons, 6000 MAX RPM and GOOD steel or billet rods (no stockers) you may just get away with it. Put a 6300 chip in the limiter and try not to free rev it in the burnout box with no/very little load.

You'd be relieved if you really knew how much clearance I DIDN'T have on my old Mustang engine...Titanium valves 6500 max RPM. I'm not going to let the actual clearance be known. I don't want to give a false sense of security for anyone who wants to run less than .040".

·
Registered
908 Posts
Are you running a hydraulic cam? If so, .060 ain't near anough.

Jim, aka woody1, where's my money and/or my camshaft back from last year's bad business deal?

Greg

·
Registered
991 Posts
In the hands of the post office mr greg, stop being an idiot

·
Registered
908 Posts
You are the guy who has had my cam and lifters for a year now, and I have not seen or heard from you till I found your website.

I would rather keep this private, but you stopped responding (again) to my requests to get this resolved.

Please send my cam and lifters back, or refund my money. Simple as that, and I have been patient for over a year now.

Greg

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
opportunity knocks!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Good to have .080-.100 as minium.

Stop fighting on this guys thread moron's

·
Registered
522 Posts
Woody1,you look like your doing well with the sig you posted,help this guy get some satisfaction! Meet him halfway even if someone else is at fault and everyones happy!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
theres nothing to meet halfway, theres no crazy story here. No tabloid stories, I bought a cam and lifters from him, paid, didnt get it for 2-3 months as the post office had it holed up somewhere, who knows where. My helper who gets packages everyday for me accepted it 2-3 months later with other packages and I totally forgot about it and bought new and wrote it off as lost. I sent it back via the post office. It's 100 bucks or something, good lord.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
On 2006-07-27 13:27, dfree383 wrote:
Good to have .080-.100 as minium.

Stop fighting on this guys thread moron's

the 's means both of you.........................Start you own thread if you want to fight.

·
Registered
991 Posts
the guy got legit truthful answers before the fact, but I wont sit here and have someone sh1t on me at any turn fuk that

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok seens as the larger cam is out,how does changing rocker arms change the powerband? If any? I am running 1.7s now and hate to get rid of them,with these on my cam right now is .510 lift. Any ideas??????

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cougar on 7/31/06 2:22am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
What motor are you running? What are the full specs on the cam? have you tried retarding and advancing it to see where the clearances go?

You can flycut the pistons to get some more clearance. Its OK to go slightly lighter and not effect your balance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dfree383 on 7/31/06 6:31am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dfree383 on 7/31/06 6:31am ]</font>

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
5.0,B cam with 1.7s no I haven't tried to retard or advance. What i am trying to do is get the car into a high 12 NA,I don't know maybe port the intake and leave the cam alone,put the thing on a diet?????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts