Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66 mustang and I `m always working on it.I`m having trouble with the downshifting of my C-4.Will I get all the info I need to trouble shoot my tranny from the tech part of the Ford muscle subscription that cost 15.95 a year?Thanks,Tony

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
....rounds off to $1.33 a month. You could feed staving children in Somalia or Bangladesh for that. or?

You get out what you put in. This is a self help type forum. Yes, there are articles, but - no disrespect to the admins and tech department - there is more to be learned from the archives and rest of the guys than you'll get from the tech articles, magazines or most books.

If you are just looking for answers and not prepared to share then it might not be as helpful. Guys don't get paid for posting, they do it because the want to.

Bottom line: someone had to do the stuff that articles are written about. The best thing about articles, which are well written, is you get a step-by-step recipe of what to do.

However, if you have ever written a note to someone telling them how to do something - then you know how hard it is to mention everything that is important - something is always left out, otherwise it turns into a book instead of an article or note.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I think it's worth it, even if you don't use the articles it still makes for some good reading. Good stuff here!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I don't have much money, but I ain't cheap. Its worth the price of subscription to help support the site,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ray,Cool car

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am a self-proclaimed amature... I think it is worth the extra couple of bucks because I feel as though that is my contribution to this site. Unfortunatley, I don't have the level of knowledge or experience to do much more than ask questions, therefore I will support the sight with my money instead.

And I agree, very cool car Ray.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've been a paid member for a few years now. I don't post much, but I've gotten some good information from the articles.

When I subscribed, I was porting some heads for the first time. The info I got here was worth the price. Then over the years I've found that certain situations arise and I can come here and usually find the info I need.

So I've definetly got my money's worth, and will continue to do so for as long as I remember to send the money in every year...

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
If you do a progress topic on a build up like Im doing the picture hosting service is AWESOME!

·
Registered
646 Posts
You will remember the fellowship and the good info long after you forget what it costs! You will meet genuine helpful people that have gone thru what you are going thru and are more than willing to share their experience and "shortcuts". You might even hook up with someone who lives near enough to you to get together and help each other out. Heck, it's only 160 empties here in Michigan to sign up!

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Damn Jerry, Good way to put it. I think a bottle collection might be in order for my next subscription!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
If you participate in the forums a lot and want to utilize PICs the image storage space might be the thing that makes it worth it for some.

Frankly ... with the sort of stuff I do ... many times running it on the forum just leads to annimosity from folks thinking someone is an idiot or trying to tell folks something is impossible, then deciding if you didn't listen and follow their advice then you must "think you know it all" ...

So I get my tech info from a tight circle of folks who understand my project and understand what has (and does not have) to be done to make it work ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MonsterMach on 4/3/06 12:34am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
If you want tried and true techniques, go for it! If you're the guy who likes to do things with unique flair, and like to challenge the process, you might not find yourself quite as at home here. Still, some great tech info here, both in the site and on the forums.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Great feedback. IMO... Any publication that has the courage to tell it like it is and run head to head stories, ... deserves your subscription.

For example, try to find an article in a mainstream print magazine that places their advertisers in a head to head comparison. They won't do it, it's policy. Not at FordMuscle.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/10/DualFeed/index.php
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/CamYouHelpMe/index.php

Of course, it helps if the articles apply to your personal project. So you may just keep checking in until we publish an article that is relevant to your needs at the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikelonis on 4/4/06 4:33am ]</font>

·
Registered
804 Posts
I don't know....Around here $15.95 will get ya an 18 coldpack of Bud. You figure it out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I originally subscribed a while back, forgot to renew, then subscribed again. I don't own a Mustang so a large percentage of the articles aren't specifically written for my vehicle or engine. I originally was interested in the 428 FE build-up, then their project car blew up.

I run http://www.supermotors.org so I am well aware of the costs and time commitment it takes to run an automotive site supported by advertisements and member subscriptions. I think there are a lot of people who don't realize this and take it for granted. I pay more for memberships in yearly car clubs (local & national) and get less compared to the information I get here.

If anything, the tech archive can give you ideas for your vehicle -- and you have the added benefit of asking more questions in the forums for people who have done similar work on their vehicle. I know it has done so for me (my next purchase is a D.U.I. performance distributor -- a site sponsor -- and I read about the product on FordMuscle).

At the very least, try it for 1 year. I think it's worth it.

My opinion anyway...worth as much as you paid for it.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I try to practice "reciprocity" when it comes to things. In other words; give and take. I have so much appreciated this forum since stumbling upon it. Since then it really has changed my daily routine. It is a forum to be proud of and I have had it in my mind to "thank" it by subscribing. I am only waiting for the computer that prepared for me to be fully up and running so I can process pics from my 6.3 megpixel camera, then I am going to subscribe and share.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
"Is 15.95 to subscribe worth it?" YES it is
Besides all the car stuff....this web site is always being monitored and they have eyes in the back of there heads
they do a great job @ it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts