Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 200ci straight six from a '66 Mustang that I need to get rid of. Are these things worth anything? I'm not looking to make a lot of money, but don't want to just toss it either if it has some value.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Save the head.....someone is always looking for one...can be used on any engine up to 1986

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
You could attatch the block to the outside window of your house and make a really cool planter. Those six bores would be perfect for either some herbs or tulips.

·
Registered
76 Posts
lol 68. Where are you located? I collect heads, and 1 bbl carbs. Always something you can do with either of them. Do you have the original carb that came with the car, and did it run?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'd like the carb too...
I need 2 more.

That engine is worth about $200 bucks if it runs adn about $100 if it don't.

I paid $200 for my 1970 200ci. I see them on craigslist.org fairly often for two and three hundred bucks.

FE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was running when I pulled it out but not very well. It was shaking and running pretty rough but I never looked into it because I was swapping in a 302. The carb is not original. It was replaced recently with one from the local parts store. Im in the St louis area.
I like the planter idea...I'll run it past the wife.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
The 200 six cylinder engine is a popular swap out in earlier Falcons. Near drop in if with standard transmission. I get better performance and mileage in my Falcon with a '66 Mustang engine.

Don't think of aiming your investment towards another Mustang owner, but aim towards a Falcon owner.

Wm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts