Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Edelbrock duel plane intake with a 650 carb, i know its a 650 because the secondareys are bigger. but i dont know what kind it is and everywhere i look it says either Edelbrock or Holley and its not even for the carb its for a rebuild kit! the code on it it 1079 1405 please help :confused:

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
Bigger secondaries doesn't necessarily make it a 650 anything. Jet gave you the link, but if that isn't making you warm and fuzzy, how about posting a few nice pics of it and the numbers on it for ID?

David

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Edelbrocks don't carry tags, that stamp on the bottom near the front right bolt hole is the markings that ID the carb.

Like David said the larger secondaries dont' make it a larger carb it simply means your primaries are smaller....

Secondly, the 1405 on your carb tells me that it's a 600 CFM edelbrock.

Now put up some pix or stop whining about it.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
It doesn't have to be chrome, that was just the 1st link that popped up when I googled the Edel 1405.

If your carb has 1405 stamped on it, then it's probably a Edelbrock.

Hope it helped, if not. Sorry to waste your time.

Like David and FE said, no tags just number stamped in the Edels I have.

Jet

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well thanks for all the help, didnt know it could be a 600 cfm or edelbrock didnt put a tag on there carbs, but then again this is my first project and im 15 so you learn somthing new everyday:)

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Only other thing on my carb is a sticker that says Edelbrock. They tend to fall off.

And, No problem. At least your bright enough to ask questions, to help you learn..
And us older guys are still learning. At least I am. :)

Welcome to the Forumn.

Jet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts