Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about to pull the engine (for the fourth time in 18 months) from my ... OK guys brace yourselves
... "67 Camaro" ... The fact that it's a "Bow Tie" machine isn't the point though. I had the same damn thing happen with my first 351C 4V rebuild

It seems to me that every single time I let someone else do something for me ... build an engine, even just a short block ... it ends up being something from the devil, somthing is always, without fail ... "screwed up."

Here I go ... to the garage ... I'll check the computer now and then ... Please, I need some moral support here

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I feel your pain! *G*

After pulling my engine last year and putting in a new cam, I tweaked the flexplate during reassembly. I didn't realized I had done it until after breakin of the cam. I was too lazy to do it myself so I payed to have a local shop install a new flexplate. I subsequently discovered they had failed to put in a bolt on the starter, jammed/stripped a fluid line, and dinged/scratched up my coated headers. Never again.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Why don't you put a Ford engine in it. Just think the nightmares you would give the Bowtie Bunch.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Ford big block transplants are growing in popularity...It's not you, believe me. When I was a bow tie boy I worked a ton of OT & had no time to build & install my 454 in my '67 Camaro, after the 5th one I decided I would make the time. Ran until I sold it. Some people just don't realize you don't torque the oil pump to 60 foot pounds!

·
Registered
26 Posts
A year ago I needed to change my oil but it was raining and I was too tired to do it my self. I took it to Jiffy Lube. I should have left when they decided my engine sounded cool when it was reved. They changed it and I left. Grand total 35 FREAKIN DOLLARS!!!

I changed it about two months later and realized the drain plug would'nt tighten up. The dip-s%*#'s cranked it down so tight they stripped it. I tried to take off the filter but they had cranked that down too. I ended up having to jam a screwdriver into it so i could get leverage on it. That ended up being the last time I let anybody touch my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts