Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worth the bucks?? Do they have better tech articles than you guys. I've learned a wealth of knowledge here and don't want to throw away 40 clams I can use for parts!!

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
I bought their $40 headlight relay kit and was severely disappointed in the cost for the value. Severely disappointed.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
I'm a member of GCOA.....
but most useful information i get and find is right here...:D

kinda leads you to belive, that you get a lot's of access to additional stuff and information if you become a member of Galaxie club...
Truth is....you really don't...:rolleyes:

i have keept up my membership......
but starting to ask my self WHY?????????:eek:

·
Registered
824 Posts
NO , I joined in june and got 1 emailed magazine immediately, i have since recieved nothing ,no membership pack or card in mail or another magazine by email . have emailed them with no answer and last night i posted this on their facebook page and seems to have been ignored on there as well. i will not be renewing my membership .

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Probably not . Did get all the membership info and mags but not sure I have learned anything I haven't found here.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've been a member for about two years. One thing I did find was a good contact for someone that restores aluminum and stainless trim. I found it by accident when I called one of the members for something else and after an hour of shootin the sh*t with him, he gave me the name of this old guy he uses that does work very cheap. That was a great find, but he swore me to complete silence, as he uses him to fix up certain parts he buys and sells on Ebay and the club site. Their forum is terrible...hardly anyone participates. This site is 1000 times better as far as diagnosing problems and overall knowledge. Plus...listening to FE and Kultulz go back and forth is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Plus...listening to FE and Kultulz go back and forth is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!
:confused:

So that it what I have become to you guys...

...entertainment?... :cry:

You have to pay here to access TECH ARTICLES (and there are some really good ones) plus this site is not maintained. It could be much more if the powers that be would pay more attention to it other than collecting their commission checks.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've been a member for about two years. One thing I did find was a good contact for someone that restores aluminum and stainless trim. I found it by accident when I called one of the members for something else and after an hour of shootin the sh*t with him, he gave me the name of this old guy he uses that does work very cheap. That was a great find, but he swore me to complete silence, as he uses him to fix up certain parts he buys and sells on Ebay and the club site. Their forum is terrible...hardly anyone participates. This site is 1000 times better as far as diagnosing problems and overall knowledge. Plus...listening to FE and Kultulz go back and forth is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!
Where else will you find CAPERS from J.C. about Ms. America Pi and LVH..
They stay 15 miles from us across the big water(Lake Livingston). I don't visit them much (due to work and farming).

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
This is for J.C. and Ms. Amercia Pi
Lets start a club
Hey Lester,
We're already in a very exclusive club! NICE folks, GREAT cars, knowledgable techs, international membership, and it's free if you don't have the spare change.

It's called: Ford Muscle Forum Galaxie Pages.

And for people like me who, for health reasons, can't get out and be around people, it all happens in little pixels on a CRT monitor, thanks to the GREAT people at FMF.

For what more could a guy ask?

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Where else will you find CAPERS from J.C. about Ms. America Pi and LVH. They stay 15 miles from us across the big water(Lake Livingston). I don't visit them much (due to work and farming).
Hey Lester,
You ought to drop by more often. REALLY.

JC

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hey Lester,
You ought to drop by more often. REALLY.

JC
Yeah, Lester what he said... Ya'll need to compare front ends..... ;)

Ya'll cars front ends.....sheeze..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Yeah, Lester what he said... Ya'll need to compare front ends..... ;) Ya'll cars front ends.....sheeze..:rolleyes:
Hey Dusty,
Did you ever hear how Lester and I met?

There was an auto parts store here in Onalaska called M&M Auto Parts. It got bought out by the people who own the Livingston NAPA.

The owner had his wife running the place.

She knew nothing about cars.

I went in one day, and there was this guy asking about Galaxie parts, and the wife was not being helpful AT ALL.

The guy turned out to be Lester.

When he was finally exasperated with the wife, he got ready to leave. I stopped him and said "Take a look out here.", and pointed to Ms. American.

He said: "You know about Galaxies?" I said: "A little." So we started a conversation.

He told me about finding a 1963 Galaxie Four-Door Sedan and that he was going to fix it up.

I told him about FordMuscleForum Galaxie Pages.

And here he is!

Come to think of it, wasn't it I who told YOU about FordMuscle after meeting you over on the Slant Six Forum?

Anyway, you had a good thansgibbon?

The guy for whom I painted the WELDING sign brought a big plate of thansgibbon dinner left-overs today. Am going to heat them up and have some dinner.

BTW, Ms. American gets right tomorrow. All that needs doing is to turn the Hot Engine Idle Speed Adjustment Screw out to where the Primary Throttle Plates are just BARELY open, and she will purr like a kitten.

Have a good evening.

JC

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hey Lester,
We're already in a very exclusive club! NICE folks, GREAT cars, knowledgable techs, international membership, and it's free if you don't have the spare change.

It's called: Ford Muscle Forum Galaxie Pages.

And for people like me who, for health reasons, can't get out and be around people, it all happens in little pixels on a CRT monitor, thanks to the GREAT people at FMF.

For what more could a guy ask?

JC
TRUE ,oso TRUE !! this is the BESTest !!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hey Dusty,
Did you ever hear how Lester and I met?
Nope....
There was an auto parts store here in Onalaska called M&M Auto Parts. It got bought out by the people who own the Livingston NAPA.

The owner had his wife running the place.

She knew nothing about cars.

I went in one day, and there was this guy asking about Galaxie parts, and the wife was not being helpful AT ALL.

The guy turned out to be Lester.

When he was finally exasperated with the wife, he got ready to leave. I stopped him and said "Take a look out here.", and pointed to Ms. American.

He said: "You know about Galaxies?" I said: "A little." So we started a conversation.

He told me about finding a 1963 Galaxie Four-Door Sedan and that he was going to fix it up.

I told him about FordMuscleForum Galaxie Pages.

And here he is!
Thats great... Did lester ever get his part? ;)
Come to think of it, wasn't it I who told YOU about FordMuscle after meeting you over on the Slant Six Forum?
Yes you were, you gave me the links to The Capers here... First on LVH and then on Ms Am PI...
Anyway, you had a good thansgibbon?
Oh yes, I sure did. Yesterday (thurs) I went to my oldest son's for a big spread and got into the food coma state, then again today, with my youngest son AND mama's. (they did theirs today due to work obligations)
The guy for whom I painted the WELDING sign brought a big plate of thansgibbon dinner left-overs today. Am going to heat them up and have some dinner.
Well thats great you even get to enjoy the comatose state with us.... ;)
BTW, Ms. American gets right tomorrow. All that needs doing is to turn the Hot Engine Idle Speed Adjustment Screw out to where the Primary Throttle Plates are just BARELY open, and she will purr like a kitten.
Yes just got caught up on the caper after being away from puter eating till I couldnt continue.... AGAIN... ;) Was going to interject, but Ross and Gary has you all straightened out... (i think)
Have a good evening.

JC
You to JC...HYAW

MRO

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts