Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another ? for ya, if I remember right, isn't there insulation similar in look like the hood pieces that sit on the tank or does it just bolt up into place. It's been so long, I can't remember anything I removed.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I think there is something insulating it.

either way you should put a rubber pad or something like that, otherwise you'll get that knocking sound, my 63 used to do that when it was cold, i never knew until after i sold it hahaha

L

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
The stuff is kind of like tar paper or shingles/roofing. Some people have sealed 2 or 3 pieces of it together before to replace the pad. I'm sure there must be somewhere that sells them also though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShotRod64 on 9/11/06 9:06am ]</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
It is a large square piece of insulation about 1/4' thick. I am not sure what it is made out of. I was hoping to find the build sheet there, no luck.
Bill Bailey

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Try to find some of the frost gaurd stuff they use under the first couple rows of shingles. It's kind of sticky on both sides and works great. Find someone doing a roofing job or the lumber yard will want to sell you a whole roll.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts