Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings
I'm Bryan, and as you may be able to tell from my screen name, I have a 59 ElCamino.
A car I had wanted since I was about 13, and finally got one on my 41st B-day. After 5years and a lot of money it was presentable once again.

Shortly after finishing that car----I started on a 66 Elky----one my spouse let me buy about a year before finishing the 59.

Well----about a year before finishing the 66, I inherited my uncle's
65 Ranchero. Also a car I have been fond of since I was a small boy.
He bought it new and promptly added some Torque Thrust mags (still on the car to this day), a wood rimmed 3 spoke steering wheel, Big Foot gas pedal, and a wooden shift knob. I remember these things being in the car when I was about 7 years old---I was not quite 5 when he bought it.

Anyway----thought I would sign up here for a little bit of trivial information.
Like disc brakes-----5.0 roller engine upgrade--(yep--I killed the current 302 with a little bit {okay-a lot} spirited playing.

Looks like I can get some info here if I look around enough.

Also recognize a couple of names here
Kultulz--from another forum some time ago, was very helpful with my T-Bird
And I think 5.0 Chero is on another forum as well.

·
Registered
688 Posts
What 5.0 on another forum say it isn't so..... that 59 has one the best looking assends on any car/truck combo produced,,

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Bryan. Looks like you have the best of both! I bet the folks here would like to see pics of all three of em.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Eddie.

I'll try to get a couple of pics posted.
I thought I saw you here as well---then you got lost in the searching.

Anyway---Eddie has seen both of my Elkys, but the Ranchero has not been out in while---getting ready for a heart and nerve transplant.

·
Registered
809 Posts
What 5.0 on another forum say it isn't so..... that 59 has one the best looking assends on any car/truck combo produced,,
I agree. Always liked the 59.

Bryan as far as front discs check out summit. I bought a kit off them that has the KH style? Front disc. Was pretty reasonable and will bolt right on to your original spindles since it was a V8 car.

Here is link
FORD FALCON Summit Racing® Full Wheel Drum-to-Disc Brake Conversion Kits SUM-BK1224 - SummitRacing.com

Welcome to the forum.

Lou

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Welcome man! Nice group of cars you got until you mentioned the 66.... blech... it's a a cut up Malibu.... LOL LOL ;)

Glad you've come over to the dark side for a spell!

FE

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome man! Nice group of cars you got until you mentioned the 66.... blech... it's a a cut up Malibu.... LOL LOL ;)

Glad you've come over to the dark side for a spell!

FE
Hey---I bought a 59 Elky and restored it because:
Everybody and their brother has a Chevelle-----even my brother.

Got the 66 and restored it because:
Everybody and their brother has a Chevelle-----even my brother.

My brother owns a factory 396/4spd car with buckets, console and AM/FM
Mine was originally a 327/PG bench----but no more:
With the 307 and 5-spd----I get 25 MPG (big grin)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts