Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
i would say so ..
looks like mine ..before i changed to 4spd...
pan fill cruis-o-matic
filler tube has a large slide nut that treads in to oilpan...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great this wagon is looking like its totally untouched , the only reason i ask is because it has the indicator on column and dearborn say it's for a fordomatic not cruisomatic.

photo by mark & anne's photos, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
It is a Ford-o-Matic a 2-speed automatic. A Cruuise-o was a 3-speed automatic. Also most 260 V-8's in 63 had Ford-o's.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine is definetly a 3 speed and the vin says its a cruisomatic so all is good. thanks for your input's

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
mine is definetly a 3 speed and the vin says its a cruisomatic so all is good. thanks for your input's
Ummmm hmmmm vin might say it but from the column photos thats NOT a COM shift. Its the 2sp Ford-O-Matic...... The Cruise-O-Matic would have a green dot, a whit dot and the L ...

After looking @ the pic again due to angle it may very well have the dots... Cant see any of the reference 'points'... so disregard this post....

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
This is a F/M/2 (PX) oil pan-

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Reread the link by Raggaren, seems like you have 3 speeds already if you stomp on the gas and keep it there.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Looked it up in the shop manual. That is a Cruis-o. The picture of the dial is a Ford-o. One question. Does the pointer line up with the dial?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Looked it up in the shop manual. That is a Cruis-o. The picture of the dial is a Ford-o. One question. Does the pointer line up with the dial?
Let's see... The term CRUISEOMATIC is actually a marketing term/description. It covers the FX-MX-HX-C4-C6 and the FMX.

Now which one is pictured (hard to tell pan configuration in shot).

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
??? for myself .. I should put it in the GREEN dot to go cruisen and it should shift 3 times.. CORRECT?
Yep... :

One the dual range units, the designations were: P, R, N, a Big Dot, instead of D for Drive, a Small Green Dot for the 2nd range and 1 or L (low) for first gear. The kicker is that the middle, small green dot was for drive, meaning it would start in first and shift normally through out the gear ranges. The confusing part (unless you read the owners manual) was that the first Dot or the bigger dot, which is what we are used to as the ‘Drive’ position actually would allow the car to only take off in second gear.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts