Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$200.00
Ad Text Ford 302 engine block. Bare block, bored .030. Cylinders notched for stroker crank/rod clearance to make 347ci engine. O-ringed. Nice!

·
Registered
43 Posts
A new block from Summit is 329

So I guess that one isn't overpriced, but it's not a great deal...although I dunno with the work that was done.

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Depends on if its freshly bored .030 or not. If its bored .030 with some use, probably not in my opinion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just alone having the bores notched for the rod bolt clearance is worth 200 dollars!!IF YOU DON'T WANT IT,let me know where it is so I can buy it for a future project for a 347!!!! You know if you put a 331 together with I beam rods,you don't need to notch the bores and they make more horsepower than a 347 and are more durable!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
On 2002-04-27 16:40, 331nosgt wrote:
Just alone having the bores notched for the rod bolt clearance is worth 200 dollars!!IF YOU DON'T WANT IT,let me know where it is so I can buy it for a future project for a 347!!!! You know if you put a 331 together with I beam rods,you don't need to notch the bores and they make more horsepower than a 347 and are more durable!
I certainly hope so, since that's going to be my combo...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts