Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know if anyone has done an E40D swap into 460cid powered 'lane. Not even sure if this is possible, but i could sure use some overdrive on the highway. Not that i deserve any sort of fuel econ in a 460 daily driver. I'm workin with a 66 with the crites swap kit. C6 is about to go kaput, figured now would be the time. I know the earlies had some trouble, but i think we had AODs behind 460s up to 94 in 2WD F-series and such. Damn curiousity. This might be the one that kills the cat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I helped my cousin put one behind a 429 in a 70 torino. It has been fine for just over 3 years now. It came out of an econoline van I believe it was a 91. We had to fab brackets. There is a adjustable trannie mount out there now but I cant remeber who makes it. good luck it will be worth it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On 2006-12-21 22:20, rjhauver wrote:
Curious to know if anyone has done an E40D swap into 460cid powered 'lane. Not even sure if this is possible, but i could sure use some overdrive on the highway. Not that i deserve any sort of fuel econ in a 460 daily driver. I'm workin with a 66 with the crites swap kit. C6 is about to go kaput, figured now would be the time. I know the earlies had some trouble, but i think we had AODs behind 460s up to 94 in 2WD F-series and such. Damn curiousity. This might be the one that kills the cat.
460s would kill the AOD, it had to be the E4OD. be ready to buy a stand alone computer controller as well. Bauhem (sp) sells one of the best on the market. dont forget the E4OD is a BIG trans and its heavy. it also saps a lot of power...but when built right it can be a bruiser.

me thinks some trans tunnel massaging will be neccessary LOL

Dual 3" exhaust w/ Dynomax Ultra Flo's
Gabrial hi-jacker air shocks
Hurst shifter w/ T handle
Crager S/S's wraped in BFG Radials

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: optika1illushun on 12/23/06 1:16pm ]</font>

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fer the info, i think energy suspension offers an adjustable mount. And the computer was one of my bigger concerns. Preciate fellers, have a Merry Christmas!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts